Learn to make these cool leather cross keychains (or pendants) in this video tutorial. This project is great for both guys and girls and would also be a great Sunday School and/or Easter project for teens!
SUPPLIES + MATERIALS*
- 3/8″ (10mm) leather strip, ~ 8.5 inches
- keyring finding
- adhesive (Beacon 527 multi-use / Barge all-purpose cement / Fabri-Fix
- leather stitching needle
- .8 mm waxed nylon cord ~ 12 inches
- 1.8 – 2 mm leather punch (or metal punch)
- toothpicks, paper towels
- clothespins (regular size and/or mini size)
- sharp scissors
- fine tipped permanent marker
*Some of these links may be affiliate links meaning I may receive a small referral commission at no additional cost to you.
- You can use different colored leather and thread to customize this project. Check out all the great options for this 10mm leather here (on Etsy). For example, you could try a red leather with white thread for a Christmas gift (or Christmas ornament!) or this beautiful embossed teal leather for a nice Western feel.
- Use two leather strips the same length to create a symmetrical cross.
- Stitch a bead or stone to the center of the cross to add an accent color or a bit of sparkle.
I hope you love this project! If you enjoyed it, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel (and hit that bell to receive new video notifications!)
I’d also love to see how your leather cross pendant or keychain turns out – tag me @JewelryTutorialHQ on Instagram to share yours!