Nail polish jewelry is a hot trend these days, probably because it is so much fun to make and so easy to create unique and colorful designs!
This video tutorial shows you step-by-step how to create your own design on pendants using nail polish and some glass vase gems!
Supply list below video.
MATERIALS USED IN THIS VIDEO:
• clear glass vase filler beads* (the kind with the flat back)
• clear nail polish
• black glitter nail polish
• Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Red
• Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Silver
• glue-on bail, DIY* or BUY
• E-6000 adhesive
*See the DIY Glue-On Bail video tutorial if you’d like to make your own bails!
* Keep in mind that these glass vase beads may have some bubbles in them. Try to choose one for your project that doesn’t have any, if possible!
There are glass cabochons made specifically for jewelry making, for projects like scrabble tile pendants. They are also perfect for this project, though they are more pricey. The benefit is that there are no air bubbles in the glass and they are uniform shapes and sizes. Oh, and there are some really fun shapes too!
What a lovely idea, I have a bag full of clear filler beads that I purchased for a craft project some time ago, but now I can’t remember the project,:):)
Now I found a new way of making use of the filler beads.
Thank you, you are so clever.
Jessica Barst says
Thanks so much :) I can’t tell you how many times I’ve discovered some great goodies I have no idea why I bought in the first place, but I don’t let them languish for long once they’ve sparked a new idea! This really is a versatile project – have fun!